Fall is officially here and if I told you I hadn’t been counting down the minutes until autumn arrived, I’d be lying. Give me all of the pumpkin spice lattes, chunky sweaters, and cozy candles. And with all of the fall decor lines launched at all of my favorite retailers, I couldn’t resist stocking up on some new fall decor to make our home extra cozy for the season ahead.
If you’re like me and love any excuse to decorate, I’m sharing all of our living room fall decor and my fall decorating tips below!
Note: Our couch is one of our most asked about pieces in our home! It is the Norfolk Milford Sectional and we purchased it locally from White House Interiors! This one from Room & Board is very similar.
Living Room Fall Decor
Ya’ll know that when it comes to home decor, I am the queen of neutrals. I love how open and put together a neutral palette makes a room look but the downside is that it can make decorating for the different seasons and holidays a little bit more difficult.
This year when I decorated for fall, I went with a warm palette since most of our neutrals are on the warmer side. Think whites, golds, terracotta, and creams.
Entry Way Fall Decor
Our entryway opens up right into our living room so I wanted to make sure our fall decor in both of the spaces flowed together. For our entryway, I did add in some deeper tones but I love how it works with the neutral colors. I saw these faux leaves, faux stems, and faux dried grass during a recent shopping trip and knew they’d be perfect on our entryway table.
Coffee Table Styling
Styling our coffee table is one of my favorite things to do and making even the smallest updates give the space a whole new feel. For fall, I decided to start fresh and add in a textured vase and preserved greenery (in neutral tones, of course!) and added some of my favorite neutral coffee table books, plus a little festivity with some mini pumpkins and a fall candle.
Incorporating Fall into Our Fireplace & Mantel
In addition to styling our coffee table, I always look forward to making some seasonal swaps on our mantel and around our fireplace. This year, I incorporated in little knit and glass pumpkins, and a cozy fall candle. I love how they all pull in different textures and colors and make our mantel look extra cozy. I also grabbed a stack of pumpkins and love that it adds a little height to our space.
Console Table Styling
Behind our couch, we had an empty space so we decided to add a console table and I’m SO glad we did! I love how the wood of our console table looks with this mirror, plus it gives me more to decorate! For fall, I added in some faux dried leaves and vases on each end of the console table for symmetry and filled the middle sections with stuffed pumpkins and fall candles. I love how it looks!
For our side tables, I kept it simple and just added some faux pumpkins and faux dried grass (the same type we have in our entryway!) on top of a stack of coffee table books.
Fall Decorating Tips
Ready to decorate for fall but don’t know where to start? Here are a few fall decorating tips to make the process easier!
- Swap in Moody Prints – If you’re someone who likes to swap out their art for the different seasons, fall is a great time to incorporate in some moodier pieces.
- Fall Inspired Florals – I love branches and any faux greenery, especially in fall! The textures and color it brings into a space make everything seem so much warmer.
- Add in Seasonal Throw Pillows – If you want a quick and easy way to decorate for fall, opt for some new seasonal throw pillows! Fall is the perfect time to incorporate in cozy flannels, plaids, cashmere, and moody florals.
- When in Doubt, Add a Pumpkin – Pumpkins are the symbol of fall and are so easy to decorate with in and outside of your home! We typically do an arrangement of faux pumpkins but throughout our home!
- Add in Cozy Throws – My favorite part of fall is how cozy everything is and there’s nothing better than sitting down on the couch after a long day cozied up with a blanket. Not only do they keep you warm, but they’re a cute way to bring in fall colors and textures into your space!