2023 is here, friends! I blinked, and 2022 was gone. Nonetheless, I love a fresh start, which is precisely what a new year provides. On the other hand, a new year can also be overwhelming. There is lots of talk about everyone doing even better than they did last year when honestly, it might have taken all you had to give to get through the year, and the task of being “even bigger and better” can seem daunting. That’s why I’m coming at you with five approachable ways to start the new year on the right foot.
How To Have The Best 2023
1. Create Sustainable Routines Listen, I love a good routine, sis! However, don’t let the shiny newness of 2023 make you create 93,752 new routines simultaneously. It isn’t sustainable. Start small with something like a morning or evening routine and make it a habit. Once a smaller-scale routine becomes a habit, you can implement a new one. Trying to start too many at one time is just going to make you want to give up.
2. Move Your Body A Little Each Day This one goes along with the last tip. Adding the goal “workout every weekday for two hours” to your list may not be sustainable if this is something new for you. Moving your body each day sounds a lot more approachable! That’s how I’m looking at fitness in the new year. I’m going to do something each day to move my body because, at the end of the day, something will always be better than nothing.
3. Write Down Your Goals As simple as this may sound, it helps! Getting thoughts out of your mind and onto paper or even your notes app frees up so much brain space. It also allows you the power to declare something. No, you aren’t setting your goals in stone. You can change them whenever you want. But by declaring them in some way, you’re holding yourself accountable.
4. Clean Your Space If there is clutter in my space, there is almost always clutter in my mind. Giving your space a deep clean for the new year helps to set up your intentions and clear your mind for the strides you’re getting ready to take in your life.
5. Focus On Self-Care We’ve all heard it before, “You can’t pour from an empty cup.” As cliche as it sounds, it’s some of the most accurate advice ever given to me. I can’t show up as my best self for my husband, my boys, or my business if I’m not showing up for myself as Anitra. We as women often take care of so many in our lives; don’t get me wrong, it’s a privilege and a blessing, but it’s so easy to forget about ourselves amongst everyone else. Show up for you every single day so you can show up as the best version of yourself in all the other areas of life that matter just as much!
What goals are you setting for the new year? If you liked this post, you’ll love this Full Time Influencer Q&A.